ACMG Apprentice Rock Guide
Nick found Rock Climbing in Thailand in 2014 and it was love at first sight. He was quickly drawn to lead climbing and before too long he began to seriously pursue developing his climbing skills.
While living in Edmonton, Nick was constantly day tripping to the Rockies. He travelled south to climb all the classic routes in Yosemite, Index and Zion. Nick has an incredible dedication to perfecting his craft but he would tell you there is still much to learn. Nick has achieved “Walking Encyclopedia” status – ask him anything about North American climbing history!
Nick has a genuine love for granite trad climbing and for the past 6 years has called Squamish home. He has been slowly working through a tick list of Squamish classics, including: The Left Side 5.12a, The Oracle 5.12a and Kahoukers 5.12b. These ascents have helped further develop Nick’s technical skills, physical strength and mental mental resilience. Nick incorporates all these aspects of climbing into his guiding.
Nick has worked with Squamish Rock Guides for the past 3 years, starting as a TRCI and advancing to Apprentice Rock Guide. He is incredibly passionate about guiding and sharing his knowledge with other climbers. He thrives on helping others so they can enjoy growth in their climbing and personal lives. You will often spot Nick at the local crags or dangling halfway up the Chief. He is always either pursuing endless personal goals or playing caretaker to the more obscure lines Squamish has to offer. For Nick, life is a non stop the climbing adventure!
- Levitation 29, 5.11c, Red Rocks, Nevada
- Deep Impact, 5.11a, Squamish, BC
- Chief - Triple link up day! Grandwall to Angels Crest/High Plains Drifter to Rock On Direct/The Buttressigh Pla
- Apricot Jam, 5.12b, Skaha, BC
- Flingus Cling, 5.12b, Squamish, BC
- Trunk Monkey, 5.12a, Squamish, BC
- Dr. Megatrip, 5.12a, Skaha, BC
- Shoe in my Pasta, 5.12a, Squamish, BC
- The Rostrum crux pitch 5.11c, Yosemite, CA
- Cloud Tower Enduro Corner, 5.11c, Red Rocks, NV
- Even Steven, 5.11b, Index, WA
- Chameleon with extension, 5.11b, Skaha, BC
- The Dagger, 5.11a, Yosemite, CA
- Kahoukers, 5.12b, Squamish, BC
- The Left Side, 5.12a, Squamish, BC
- The Oracle, 5.12a, Squamish, BC
- Daily Planet, pitch 1, 5.12a, Squamish, BC
- Zappa Crack, 5.11+, Squamish, BC