ACMG Rock Guide
From the first day Jasmin discovered rock climbing, she was well and truly addicted. Her pursuit of climbing adventures have taken her to the first female ascent of a 3000’ wall in the Northwest Territories, speed-climbing in Yosemite, clipping bolts in Thailand, climbing sea stacks in Tasmania and many places in between. While she loves all types of climbing, crack climbing is Jasmin’s number one passion, one of the reasons she has chosen Squamish as her summer home.
Despite the excitement and adventure of climbing, Jasmin claims it is the people she has met through climbing that has made it such an appealing activity for her, and the main reason why she chose to become a guide. When she is not in Squamish, she can be found managing her family’s backcountry ski touring lodge in the Valhalla Mountains, teaching people the finer points of powder skiing and breaking trail without breaking a sweat.
In addition to climbing, Jasmin has devoted some of her overflowing supply of energy towards completing a degree in Hydro geology at UBC, with her thesis focused on natural attenuation of hydrocarbon contamination. Her previous employment has ranged from stream surveying and habitat assessment project in the Northwest Territories for the Department of Fisheries and Oceans to tail-guiding at a snow-cat ski operation in the Steelworks to cooking at remote mountaineering camps for the Alpine Club of Canada.
Jasmin honed her guiding skills by teaching her parents how to climb, and has taken them climbing in the Bugaboos, the Cascades, Utah, California, Skaha, and of course, Squamish.
- Wallflowers VI 5.7 C2 (ED2 - five days) The Phoenix, Vampire Spires, North West Territories
- The Nose VI 5.10 C2 (4 days), El Cap - Yosemite, California
- Moonlight Buttress V - 5.11 C1 (9 hours), Zion, UT
- Rainbow Wall V - 5.11 Ca (9 hours), Red Rocks, NV
- Recipient of the Mugs Stump Award for her and Kate Rutherford's expedition to Tasermiut Fjord,Greenland
- The British Route (5.12+ - 19 pitches) Nalumasortoq, Greenland
- War and Poetry (5.12c - 31 pitches) Ulamatorsuaq, Greenland
- Moonlight Buttress, 5.12d, Zion, UT
- Lord of the Thais, Thaiwand Wall, 5.12b, Railay Beach, Thailand
- Cloud Tower 5.12a, Red Rocks, NV
- Bottom Feeder 5.12d, Cheakamus Canyon, BC
- Fleeing Heiffer 5.12c, Cheakamus Canyon, BC
- Cut to the Chase 5.12c, Cheakamus Canyon, BC
- 49, 5.12a, Maple Canyon, UT
- Lunchables, 5.12a, Maple Canyon, UT
- Going the Distance, 5.11d, Mill Creek, UT
- Fallen Arches, 5.13a, Little Cottonwood Canyon, UT
- Ruby's Cafe, 5.13a, Indian Creek, UT
- Zap Crack 5.12d, Squamish, BC
- Way Rambo 5.12a, Indian Creek, UT
- Climb of the Century 5.11c, Eldorado Canyon, CO
- Atlantis 5.11c, The Needles, CA