ACMG Rock Guide, ACMG Apprentice Ski Guide
Jake began rock climbing on the small cliffs of Southern Ontario when he was a teenager. When he moved to BC for his studies he found he was quickly spending most of his time in Squamish. His school grades declined as his climbing climbing grades inclined. He had to make a decision and it is one he’s never looked back on.
Fast forward a few more years and now Jake is an ACMG Apprentice Rock Guide and Apprentice Ski Guide, spending his summers climbing Squamish granite and his winters Heli Skiing the North Coast powder. It’s the spirit of the adventure that keeps him so hooked on mountain pursuits. It’s what he loves about guiding too – there’s nothing more fun and rewarding than bringing someone on a journey through one of Squamish’s best rock routes.
If you can’t find him on The Chief, Jake might be visiting his other favourite zones: climbing the tall granite spires of The Bugaboos, clipping bolts in Skaha, or road tripping down into the States. And if you have a particular adventure in mind, let him know, he’s sure to meet you and bring his enthusiasm!
- Angel's Crest 5.10b, Squamish BC
- Beckey-Chouinard IV 5.10, Bugaboos BC
- Paddleflake Direct 5.10+, Bugaboos BC
- Homage to the Spider 5.10, Banff AB
- Mountaineer's Route 5.9, Elephant's Perch ID
- Mithril Dihedral 5.9+, Sierra Nevada CA
- Sunset Strip 5.10d
- The Great Game 5.10d
- Fog Ducker Spire 5.10d
- Crime of the Century 5.11c
- Electric Ball 5.11b
- Kitten Fists 5.11a
- Go Your Own Way 5.11d, Squamish BC
- Bullet the Blue Car 5.10d, Squamish BC
- Ish-ke-bah 5.12a, Skaha BC