ACMG Apprentice Rock Guide
James grew up in Rossland, BC – a small town nestled in the West Kootenays of British Columbia. Rossland is known for its vibrant outdoor scene and ski culture. While living in Vancouver in 2016, James’ friends invited him for a weekend of climbing in Squamish. He has been hooked ever since! It wasn’t long before his passion for climbing and other mountain sports led him to Thompson Rivers University where he received an Adventure Guide Diploma. Coming full circle, James decided to head back to Squamish and begin his career as a guide.
Above all else, James loves climbing because of the people it connects him with. Today most of his best friendships have been made in the mountains and at the crag. Given this deep love for the sport, pursuing guiding was a natural fit. Adventuring outside has had a profoundly positive impact on his life. James hopes to spend his career sharing his experience with those looking for a one time experience, budding recreationalists, and everyone in between.
In the winters, James works as a ski patroller and spends all his free time skiing, ice climbing and cracking jokes with friends. Through out the winter season, he is dreaming of the summer when he can once again be high up on the Chief.
- Crime of The Century, Squamish BC – 5.11c
- Yorkshire Gripper, Squamish BC – 5.11b
- Exasperator, Squamish BC – 5.10c
- Split Beaver, Squamish BC – 5.10b
- Out of The Darkness and Into the Light, Squamish BC – 5.12a
- Face The Music, Squamish BC – 5.12a
- The Grand Wall, Squamish BC – 5.11a
- Deep Impact, Squamish BC – 5.11a
- Sunset Strip, Squamish BC – 5.10d
- Parallel Passages, Squamish BC – 5.10b
- Pony Express Mt Yamnuska – 5.10b
- Levitation 29, Red Rocks Nevada – 5.11b/c
- The Beckey-Chouinard, S Howser Tower, Bugaboos – 5.10, Grave V
- Yellow Brick Road, Marble Canyon BC, 5.10d A0, PG13, Grade IV
- Southwest Rib, South Early Winters Spire, Washington Pass USA – 5.8 Grade III
- S Ridge, Mt Gimli, Valhalla Provincial Park – 5.9, Grade III