Women’s Trad Lead and Multi Pitch
A weekend of traditional gear placement and multi-pitch skills instruction with like-minded women. At the end of the weekend participants will have all the skills needed to lead an easy multi-pitch climb on the Chief. The course will be taught by our highly accomplished female guides and run at a 4:1 ratio on day one and a 2:1 ratio on day two to ensure maximum coaching for each participant.
- Crag hazards and lead climbing safety.
- Protection placement, evaluation and removal.
- Lead climbing strategy, lead belays and top-down belays.
- Belay station management and rope handling.
- Multi-pitch retreat and contingency plans.
This course is well suited to climbers with outdoor top rope set up experience and/or indoor sport leading experience.
*Note that we can run any of our courses on most dates with a female guide through our private instruction program.