Women’s Trad Lead and Multi Pitch
The weekend of traditional gear placement and multi pitch skills instruction with like-minded women. At the end of the weekend participants will have all the skills needed to lead an easy multipitch climb on the Chief. The course will be taught by our highly accomplished female guides and run at a 4:1 ratio on day one and a 2:1 ratio on day two to ensure maximum coaching for each participant.
- Crag hazards and lead climbing safety.
- Protection placement, evaluation and removal.
- Lead climbing strategy, lead belays and top-down belays.
- Belay station management and rope handling.
- Multi-pitch retreat and contingency plans.
This course is well suited to climbers with outdoor top rope set up experience and/or indoor sport leading experience.
*Note that we can run any of our courses on most dates with a female guide through our private instruction program.