Multi Pitch Skills
Multi-pitch rock climbing is one of the most exciting aspects of the sport. The exhilaration of the being high off the ground combined with satisfaction gained from completing a long climb make for a true peak experience! Our multi-pitch skills course will teach how safely and confidently tackle these objectives.
This one day course is designed for climbers who have practiced some single-pitch traditional lead climbing and want to make the transition to the multi-pitch environment. The morning is spent learning multi pitch technical systems with hands on practice by the participants. The afternoon is composed of supervised multi-pitch climbing scenarios. The participants will lead one another up short multi pitch climbs with real time coaching from our guides. Our commitment to a 2:1 student to guide ratio ensures maximum learning. Instructional topics include:
- Safety and hazard recognition in the multi-pitch environment.
- Route selection, equipment and multi-pitch preparation.
- Rope handling and belay station management.
- Lead and top-down belay techniques.
- Protection strategies and route finding.
- Multi-pitch retreat and contingency plans.
Upon completion of the program, participants should be able to safely attempt a straightforward multi-pitch climb. Combine this course with Traditional Lead Climbing – 1 Day and get 10% off both programs!