Follow the Leader
No one ever forgets their first multi-pitch climb. It’s an exhilarating experience to get so far above the ground, but with this goes an added level of commitment. The goal of this program is to prepare you to be a comfortable, competent and informed partner for those routes you’d like to climb, but aren’t yet ready to lead. Instructional topics include:
- Multi-pitch safety and hazard recognition.
- Multi-pitch communication strategy and signals.
- Cleaning anchors, gear and “stubborn” placements.
- Rope handling, anchor management and integrity evaluation.
- Rope-ascending techniques.
- Multi-pitch rappelling techniques.
This course is an excellent precursor to our one-day Rescue Systems program. The combination of the two provides the basic skills to manage an emergency on a multi-pitch climb.
Arrange this course through our private instruction program as an individual or a group.