Sport Multi Pitch Skills
Sport multi-pitch climbing allows you to experience the thrill of climbing high without having to first master the art of traditional climbing. This course will give you the skills to use bolted anchors to belay a second behind you, mange belay stations, and complete a multi stage descent. You will spend the day practicing these skills under the direct supervision of a guide.
- Safety and hazard recognition in the multi-pitch environment.
- Route selection, equipment and multi-pitch preparation.
- Rope handling and belay station management.
- Lead and top-down belay techniques.
- Protection strategies and route finding.
- Multi-pitch retreat and contingency plans.
Upon completion of the program, participants should be able to safely attempt a straightforward multi-pitch climb. Combine this course with our Sport Climbing course and get 10% off both programs!