Would you know what to do if your partner or an adjacent party were injured on a multi-pitch climb? Regardless of whether you lead or second, basic rescue skills are critical once you begin multi-pitch climbing. Instructional topics include:
- Preparedness, communication and rescue decision making.
- Escaping a loaded belay system from above or below.
- Rope ascending techniques with the use of prussik cord.
- Setting up a basic Z-pulley haul system.
- Friction brakes for lowering an injured climber.
- Tandem rappelling techniques for use with an injured climber.
The goal of this program is to empower you to carry out a straightforward rescue from a high angle climbing environment. We use standard ACMG rescue techniques, but choose to emphasize practical applications instead of informal ACMG system memorization. In doing so, we present a unique rescue course that is more applicable to your climbing than any other on the market.